- By Matt Erickson
- In Plumbing
Why You Need a Battery Backup Sump Pump System
Don’t let a flooded basement happen to you. As the snow begins to melt and make way for spring rains, make sure your home is protected from a sump pump failure or power outage.
A Pro Series Sump Pump provides the following standard features:
- Switches automatically to battery power in an emergency
- Pumps up to 2,400 gallons per hour at a 10ft. lift
- Self-monitoring system reminds of required maintenance for unequaled reliability
- Sounds an alarm in an emergency
- Tests the pump weekly
- Can be connected to a security system
- Easy to use and understand
If the power goes out, your main AC pump will not run and your basement will flood. The Pro Series backup system provides a secondary power source. It will pump for 7.5 continuous hours on a single Pro Series 2400 battery, or intermittently for days. For extra long run time, it can handle 2 or 3 batteries for extended pumping time.
If your main pump fails due to a mechanical problem, or if the pump is clogged with debris, the basement will flood. The Pro Series system will provide a secondary pump and keep your basement dry.
If the float switch on your main pump gets stuck or fails, your basement will flood. The Pro Series system will provide a secondary float switch, which will activate the backup pump and keep your basement dry.